Haarlem, The Netherlands – June 20, 2014 – Developer Little Green Men Games announced today a big update for its increasingly popular space sim title Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access program. The new update offers players more compelling and challenging gameplay than ever before and is another big stride toward fulfilling the game’s full potential before its launch later this summer.
Updated highlights include:
- COLLATERAL DAMAGE: Ship explosions can now cause damage to nearby ships
- DAMAGING BACKFIRE: Anomaly scanning can now cause a backfire in the form of a damaging blast
- HEAVY WEAPON PROJECTILES: Try to avoid collisions with obstacles
- DAMAGING EXPLOSIONS: Heavy weapon explosions now have effective blast radius and damage with the accompanying visual effect
- RANDOM SPAWNING: Random ship spawning mechanics changed, to increase overall space traffic, but also allow more tweaks and variation
- WORMHOLE CHAOS: It is now possible, to not survive passing through Wormholes
- FIXED: Player ship customization parameters are now properly saved and loaded
For the full list of update v.0.7015, please click HERE:
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in the Beta Stage on Steam’s Early Access program and available at a discount price prior to full release later this summer here: store.steampowered.com/app/236150
About Starpoint Gemini 2
In this sequel to Starpoint Gemini, players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with more than 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Players can now hire mercenary captains to follow them on their travels and share the same fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on their ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
- Enables modding through Steam Workshop
Ben is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PCGR. He writes much of the content, manages the site, and does other editorial things that would bore you to tears.