Last year Smilegate West, North American publisher of the worldwide FPS phenomenon CrossFire, decided to expand their online distribution methods by submitting their MMO action brawler Lost Saga to the Steam Greenlight Program. After being greenlit by the Steam community, the company worked with developers IO Entertainment to bring the game to the Steam platform. Now Smilegate West is ready to announce the next chapter of their saga, as both Lost Saga and Smilegate West make their Steam Debuts on November 26th.
Lost Saga is a free to play MMO action brawler that invites players to face off against up to 16 other players online. Players can choose from an all-star cast of over 60 unique fighters including premium guest characters such as Mai Shiranui from The King of Fighters, Jin Kisaragi from BlazBlue and Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. Though heroes can be purchased outright, they can also be unlocked through the use of in-game currency.
Smilegate West promises that Steam users will not only experience fast paced combat, but also a variety of player customization options that will allow them to tailor that experience to their liking. Here is a taste of what users can expect:
· Face Off Against The World: Compete in a variety of different PvP modes including the base raiding Power Stone, the survival based Ghost Tag and the classic Deathmatch.
· Go On Intense Dungeon Raids: Fight through hordes of enemies in three different PvE Dungeons, or see how many floors you can clear throughout the skill testing Crusade Mode.
· Build A Collection of Heroes: Choose from a wide selection of heroes, each with their own unique moves and play styles. There’s something for everybody whether you like to get up close or fight at a distance.
· Hundreds of Customizable Gear: Give your heroes a new look and new moves with over 100 different pieces of gear – even equip the ones you knock off your opponents during battle.
· Steam Exclusive Features: Unlock a variety of different Steam exclusive achievements, trading cards, backgrounds and badges.
· Constantly Growing: Every month brings new characters, gears and events to Lost Saga, giving users new ways to experience this massive brawler.
Lost Saga will be available for free in the Free to Play Games section of Steam on November 26th. Players are invited to check out the official Lost Saga website where they can create their in game account now. There users can also stay up to date with the latest game news, updates and events.
Lost Saga Steam App Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/266150/
Official Lost Saga Sign Up Page: http://lostsaga.z8games.com/signup/
Lost Saga Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8S1hjk534
Lost Saga November Update Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6cxAqvoAw
Ben is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PCGR. He writes much of the content, manages the site, and does other editorial things that would bore you to tears.