ArcheAge, Trion Worlds’ free-to-play fantasy sandbox MMORPG, launches ArcheAge: Revelation, its largest expansion ever, this Saturday, December 10 at 3:00 p.m. GMT. Entirely free to players, Revelation will give ArcheAge fans the opportunity to shape and expand the world of Erenor like never before, introducing the new Dwarf and Warborn races which can transform themselves and thereby access special powers and abilities. Five new environments are also prime for exploration and discovery, including the snowcapped Airain Rock and the arid, desolate terrain of the Sunbite Wilds, while Fresh Start servers level the playing field for newcomers and veterans alike. Finally, with the new Abyssal Skill System, deeper skill customisation and the most powerful abilities in the game can now be attained by players who reach the max level of 55.
“Revelation offers current, former AND new players the very best ArcheAge experience ever,” said Merv Lee Kwai, the game’s Executive Producer. “From a wealth of new content including all-new playable races, to entirely new systems such as the Abyssal Skills, players of all kinds will find a lot to like in Revelation. Combine that with Fresh Start servers that give every player an equal opportunity to stake their claim to prime in-game real estate, and this is truly the most exciting time to be an ArcheAge player.”
Archeage 3.0: Revelation features:
- Two New Playable Races – The Dwarves of the Nuian faction and Warborn from the Haranya faction not only bring forth new stories and quests, but also introduce new combat mechanics when they transform into an empowered form with special abilities. Both classes are designed with new character models and animations to add more diverse visuals to the inhabitants of Erenor.
- Five New Environments – Airain Rock (the Dwarven capital including the legendary city of Andelph), Aubre Cradle, Sunbite Wilds, Rokhala Mountains and Ahnimar (heritage homeland of the Daru race) offer players five new zones to explore and homestead.
- Fresh Start Servers – The “Reckoning” Server will be added to the North America region at and the “Prophecy” server will be added to the European region. On fresh start servers, everyone starts anew, the competition is fierce, and it all happens on top of Revelation content.
- Alternate Experience System – Once one of a character’s ten skill trees hits max level (55), new Abyssal Skills – the most powerful abilities in the game – can be unlocked through a series of quests.
- Community Enhancements – A dramatically improved family system adds more structure to small group play by allowing groups of trusted friends to create ‘mini-guilds’ with their own benefits and activities. Residents of the southern continent can work with their neighbors to enhance structures in their zone and gain rewards for contributing to that zone’s progress.
- New Housing Areas – Brand new locales for open-world player housing, complete with regional trade goods, have been added; players may now stake claim and build dream properties in any of the visually distinctive new zones.
- And More – New items, new gear, new styles of mounts, new crafting recipes, combat pets and much more have also been added with the Revelation expansion.
Ben is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PCGR. He writes much of the content, manages the site, and does other editorial things that would bore you to tears.